August 27, 2009

Survey says...

My friends and I post the occasional survey. Just random questions which I typically take the time to answer when I feel like taking my mind off of the more pressing tasks in my life. I came across this one and as if I didn't have anything better to do; I thought I'd copy it here and share.

1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Growing old with my children and grandchildren. A slice of lemon meringue pie.

2. What is your greatest fear?
Easy. Losing my children. I think all of my greatest fears involve my family.

3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
My hot temper. As an adult I've gotten to be pretty level headed and reasonable. You know; don't sweat the small stuff - except when I've been drinking. Correction...especially when I've been drinking. I'm generally happy after a couple of drinks. I mean, what's not to be happy about? If I'm enjoying a few beers it's usually with my close friends enjoying a night out but if I'm provoked, I tend to lose all rational.

4. What is the trait that you most deplore in others?
Lying. And I don't mean the little white lies. The 'I'm 5 minutes away' lie, but true lies. The ones that lead me to not trust or believe in you.

5. What living person do you most admire?
Hmm...there isn't just one. I admire people for different reasons. I admire my best friend for being such a wonderful friend. I admire those close to me who courageously battle cancer,with a smile. I admire my sister-in-law for working through almost 20 years of marriage. Trust me, that can't be easy. I admire my husband. He puts up with me and that alone says alot.

6. What is your greatest extravagance?
Designer Purses

7. On what occasion do you lie?
When I'm running late or when I want to avoid hurting someone.

8. What do you dislike most about your appearance?
My freckles.

9. What living person do you most despise?
I dislike people for different reasons. Despise. That's a really harsh word. I tend to have pity for people that deserve to be that hated.

10. What words or phrases do you most overuse?
I say the word fuck too much. I also use the phrase "Are you serious?" too often too.

11. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish that I was more open with my emotions, not such a hard ass. Sometimes when I tell LB that I love him, I can see the surprise in his eyes. That bothers me. How could he not feel it every minute of every day?

12. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
My children. Hands down.

13. What is your most treasured possession?
A small picture I keep in my wallet of my parents. It's a picture that was taken of them at my 20th birthday. It's exactly how I always remember them; laughing surrounded by family.

14. What is your favorite occupation?
I can't say that I have one.

15. What is your most marked characteristic?
That I'm straight forward, to the point, frank. Maybe to a fault.

16. What do you most value in your friends?
Loyalty.

17. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Joan of Arc.

18. What is it that you dislike?
There's a list. Monday mornings, bland food, damp clothes, clutter, bitter ex wives and the list could go on.

19. What is your greatest regret?
That I had the opportunity to sit with my mom and express just how much I loved her and I never did. I don't know that I ever said the words I LOVE YOU to her when she was alive. I live with that everyday.

20. How would you like to die?
In my sleep. Let's be for real - don't we all want the easy way out?

No comments:

Post a Comment