August 26, 2009

Back to School

So the kids went back to school. They were very excited about their first day. I could tell when it only took one shot to wake them up. They were all smiles. School supplies – Check. New shoes – Check. LB called them from work to wish them well. It was going to be a good day. Through out the day I wondered how they were doing. Did they finish all their lunch? Were they making new friends? I guess we all were a little excited.

When we got home at the end of the day, I was eager to know how it went for them so I let them go on and on about their day…and they did. How they sorted their supplies, the familiar faces in class and the snack they’re allowed each day; but it had to be a healthy snack – no chips or candy. Then the dreaded forms came out. You know, the 200 forms that we get to spend the entire evening filling out. The menu forms, the in case of emergency forms, the proof of EVERYTHING forms. Yes, I know they’re necessary and I definitely appreciate the importance but I dread them none the less. I think LB could sense it because he kindly offered to help sort through them all. After a quick dinner, a mountain of forms and a stiff wrist, the kids were in bed and I was enjoying the latest episode of ‘Flipping Out’.

As much as the kids enjoyed their care-free summer; I am ready for some structure and getting back to our usual routine. So it’s officially back to the ol’ grind.

No comments:

Post a Comment