October 15, 2009

Fall is officially here!


Fall is here and it is one of my favorite seasons of the year. I know, I know - most Texans don't really think that it's one of the four seasons because it's always so dang hot in our beloved state. Some even think summer actually extends into Thanksgiving but this week there’s a nice chill outside.

Football is in full swing, the leaves are changing, and I just love the way the mornings look when the sun is shining and especially the fall nights - with just the right amount of breeze and crisp air.

Halloween is also another reason why I love the Fall. It is one of my favorite holidays. Since I moved into my new home a few years ago, I have been so consumed with other things that I’ve never decorated for Halloween. This year will be the first. Needless to say the kids and I are excited.


I want to start out fresh so I’ve had my eye open for a month or so now when I go into stores or online - taking in all of the Halloween decorations and themes. I will take all that inspiration with me when I hit the stores today. Oh and how about the awesome candle scents that make you just want to keep fall in your house all year long?!!

Any DIY décor tips for me while I’m out?

1 comment:

  1. Hey! It's Booking Mama! I really would love for you to write a guest post about your book club. I'm scheduling for February if you're interested!

    bookingmama(at)gmail(dot)com

    Also, I made the cutest fall craft a few years ago. Messy but easy! I bought little plastic gourds from a craft store and painted them with glue with a foam brush. Then I sprinkled gold, silver, bronze and black glitter (one color per gourd.) Sprinkle excess glitter off and let dry!

    ReplyDelete