August 6, 2009

Bon Voyage

Okay, so can you believe Summer is almost over? Yup, it came and went...buh-bye! I guess the older you get the faster it passes. It's a shame it's been too hot to really enjoy it this year or does that come with old age as well? Let me tell you I love, love love Summer! Although most people complain about the Texas heat, I can't seem to get enough. I especially love the feeling of the warmth that comforts my body when walking out of a cold restaurant on a hot Summer day. Some of my fondest memories are from past Summers. I mean, what's not to love?
  • No schedules to keep
  • The sun shining on my face
  • No traffic in the mornings
  • My birthday
  • Outdoor concerts
  • Baseball
  • The smell of sunblock and chlorine
And those are just some of my favorites. I fell in love with the man of my dreams one summer and married him on the first days of summer- and no matter how hard you try, you can't top summer lovin'. So to celebrate, my best friend and I are hosting an End of Summer party next weekend for our kids. Something else to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment