August 19, 2009

And we're off...

With all the back to school preperations I haven’t had a chance to post about my first book club gathering, but it went well. Of course we had a few that didn’t show and we got off to a slow start but for the most part we had a nice evening. I wasn’t as prepared as I could have been, but I don’t think they noticed. We talked about the Lovely Bones over a glass of wine and shared our thoughts about the after-life. It was refreshing to hear someone else's idea of heaven . After a good discussion about the book and the upcoming movie, the meet came to an end and we moved on to a livelier subject…our spouses. You put a group of women together and we could talk about that all night. As I heard some of the ladies talk about their husband’s and describe their relationships, I realized just how much I adored mine. Don’t get me wrong, LB drives me nuts sometimes. And there are other times I could just smack him, which I’m sure I’ll write about but those times are far and few between. He is so giving, understanding, and supportive (I know, I know…you wanna puke now) but it’s true! So that night when my husband got home from taking my kids swimming so that the girls and I could have our time, I made love to him. He didn’t know it, but I was counting my blessings.

Oh, I almost forgot, we tried to name our club that night and some of the gals decided that since we were a group of Latina women, why not go with a Spanish name? As much as it pains me to admit, we remain nameless (sigh). Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment